Wargame Rules

BLOG BACKGROUND AND WARGAME RULES
I have set up this blog for my wargaming interests in the Muscovite-Tartar Wars, Reconquista Wars, the Barbary Coast Pirates, and the early campaigns of the Ottoman Turks and Saracens. Some lesser known crusades will also be covered. Miniatures are mainly 28mm with a growing collection in 54mm. If my photographs serve to encourage others to complete their collections I shall be pleased. I will also be mentioning other sites with interesting collections on the above. Do join the 'Friends' if you like what you see.

I prefer to use my own rules which are kept simple and involve eight-sided dice. These allow for fast results with various types of weaponry. Morale dominates my games.


Sunday 14 February 2016

Re-organising my Arab and Moorish collections for 2016 (1)

Having recently sold several hundred miniatures, mainly arab and moorish figures, I'm now re-organising the remainder and acquiring additional figures. Here are my three reformed foot units. The first are Almohad-Marinid armoured warriors, largely Musketeer Miniatures. Those mainly dressed in white are North African corsairs (attached to the Hafsids but available for hire). The third are Granadine city militia in blue and red.
Still to be painted are 36 crossbowmen, mainly Black Tree Miniatures, which will furnish three small units for the armies listed above. My heavy/noble cavalry, and artillery contingents are still quite strong but the lighter cavalry will need to be completely re-raised. MGB

2 comments:

  1. Nice figures- love the flags in the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, they are all reproductions of, or at the very least inspired by, genuine flags and artefacts. I used to think Christian depictions of Moorish heraldry were fictitious but I am drifting the other way now. Michael

      Delete